Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Busy

Wow, Miss Hudson!! 6 preps! I had no idea. What classes are you teaching?! How in the world do you do it? I agree with the teaching being nice if it wasn't so much work. (You said something like that.) I often think of Dr. Kelly's story about how she had an ice cream sundae every day after school her first year and that is what got her through to the next day. It makes me feel better when I'm so exhausted. Though something has happened recently that has caused my spirits to soar. My student has started occupational therapy. This means that her entire education is no longer up to me. AND the therapist actually went to school for this! She didn't major in political science like silly little me. I now have a professional that I can bounce ideas off of and ask advice from. It's amazing. Bonus, as it turns out, a lot of my ideas that I've developed over the last year or so are right! I'm so excited. I feel like I've completely reinvented the wheel (I mean, people have already figured this stuff out.), but at least I did it right! I was so happy when I found out, I jumped/pranced about my apartment shouting in delight. Colin thought I'd flipped.

One thing I really like about teaching at an elementary school level instead of high school is art. I'm so excited about Halloween. We're totally going to decorate the classroom. I get to play with finger paint. I did not get to do that with my government class. Although, they probably wouldn't have minded. I could have been all, "Finger paint a picture of your favorite Supreme Court Justice." You know what, if I ever teach government again, I'm going to do that.

Long story short, hang in there Miss Hudson. This to shall pass. As far as students acting up, (this goes for Mr. Rose, too) it could be worse. I'm assuming your students don't yell and scream and hit and kick and run away from you. Teaching is a full contact sport for me.

No comments: